To get started with Solve Lite simply log into the Forethought Dashboard and open up the left side panel. There you will see a section for all of the Forethought products you’ve purchased from the platform. You should now see one that says “Solve Lite”. Click into this section and start following the instructions provided in the app's user guide or in this article below. Happy building!
If you do not see this and you have already purchased Solve Lite please reach out to your Forethought Customer Success team. If you have not purchased Solve Lite, but you are interested please contact us here and we will get in touch with you about purchasing.
Configure Widget Theme
Widget themes are aesthetic customization settings that allow you to personalize the widget's style to best fit your company's brand and voice. Changes will be applied to the entire widget, granular theme customizations for Solve Lite are not available at this moment.
Widget settings you can customize include:
- Upload header logo
- Customize the chat header with your logo, colors, and phrase of your choice
- Customize widget color theme
- Upload agent images
- Customize the widget greeting phrase
Configure Widget Prompts
Widget Prompts are optional customization settings you can make to the exterior of your widget. So you have control of what your customers will see before they even open the widget.
The prompt message is one way to get your widget better noticed and used by customers on your site. If the prompt message gets in the way of any important UI it is closable and won’t be reopened until the user returns for another session.
The launch button, unlike the prompt message, remains in the place specified in the widgets code snippet or in the default bottom right hand corner. If you don’t want a custom image and you’d prefer to utilize the default icon you can. It will default to the widget below with whatever color you have configured in widget theme (above settings).
In the “Prompt” section of the right panel you can customize:
- Turn proactive prompt on or off
- Customize the proactive greeting
- Customize the launch button image
Connect a Knowledge Base
By connecting to your knowledge base source, we can provide more human-like conversation by summarizing relevant articles and company policies relevant to your customers' questions.
There are 2 ways you can connect a knowledge base:
1. If your knowledge base is a publicly available URL, simply enter the URL in the text input field.
After selecting or entering your knowledge base source, click "Connect" and follow the instructions provided in the app to establish a connection. This process can take up to 10 minutes or longer.
2. If your knowledge base is hosted by a third-party help center, select it from the dropdown menu. If you don’t see the knowledge base in the menu, you might need to set up an additional connector for it. Read more on knowledge integrations here, if the connector is for your help desk please regard the corresponding help desk article here to set up your connection.
* Please note* Private and draft document are automatically filtered out, no other filtering is applied. If you need more help please contact us here.
Configure Widget Handoffs
If SupportGPT doesn’t have enough relevant information to address your customers' questions or if at any point in the conversation a custom asks to speak with an agent they will be brought to a handoff to end the conversation.
The handoff directs users to further contact your CX team. Within the handoff message include any relevant contact information and URLs in your handoff message to redirect your customers to the appropriate channels to contact you.
Install the Widget
To install the widget on your website:
- First, list the domain or domains where you want the widget to appear, e.g. “https://www.forethought.ai”.
- DO NOT include full URLs ex “https://www.forethought.ai/contact/support/”
- Do include the protocol prefix “https://”
- Keep in mind how subdomains are accepted. For example if you add https://www.super.forethought.ai
- Will NOT include sub domains like https://www.forethought.ai or https://www.deluxe.forethought.ai
- It WILL include https://www.extra.super.forethought.ai
- Next, select the Show API key in the code snippet button to reveal the API key and copy the code snippet by clicking “Copy code”.
- Insert the code snippet into the appropriate file and section of your site, which may include specific web pages or layout file, e.g “www.forethought.ai/contact”.
Preview Your Widget
To see what your widget will look like without launching it to customers, click “Preview” in the top right of the editing page.
Publish Your Widget
To launch your widget and start answering customer questions, click “Publish” in the top right.
Turn On/Off your Widget
When toggled on, the widget is visible and available to the public.
When toggled off, the widget is removed and no longer available to the public.
Whenever you make changes to an existing Solve widget, remember to "publish changes" so that the modifications become visible to others.