The following are additional security configurations which can be applied to Assist Chrome extension. The extension is only configured to be active when visiting the following URLs and interacting with the chrome extension:
1. Open the Chrome browser and navigate to the Chrome Web Store URL to install the Forethought Assist Extension
2. From the extension details page, click "Add to Chrome" to install the extension.
3. Once the installation is complete, click the extension icon in the top right corner of the browser to open the extension settings.
4. Look for an option to "Manage extensions" or "Options", then click it.
5. Find the option that allows you to "Allow this extension to access URLs on a specific domain" or "Site Access"
6. Enter the URL(s) of the site(s) you want the extension to operate on.
7. Click "Save" or "Allow" to finalize the settings.
More details in the "Manage your extension" this Chrome Support Article
Example screenshots below for easy reference
Google Workspace configurations
You can complete the same objective in managed chromes using Google Workspace
- Go to Devices > Chrome in your Google Admin console at admin.google.com.
- Click on Apps & extensions and then Users & browsers.
- If you want to apply this setting to a specific group, select Groups and choose the group you want to apply the setting to. If you want to apply it to all users, leave the top organizational unit selected.
- On the far right, click Additional settings.
- Under Permissions and URLs, you can enter up to 100 URLs.
- Runtime blocked hosts: URLs to pages that you want to prevent apps from changing.
- Runtime allowed hosts: URLs to pages that you want to allow apps to change, even if they are also listed in Blocked URLs.
- Click Save. If you configured this for a child organizational unit, you may have the option to inherit or override the settings from the parent organizational unit.
More details in this Google Workspace article
Article is closed for comments.