This document outlines the process required to obtain OAuth access to an organization’s Zendesk Chat instance. One of the applications of ZD Chat access is to surface the list of chat departments for Handoff routing in Solve Widget.
Configuring Zendesk Client
- 💡 Make sure your customer creates the API Client from the ZD chat page ([yourdomain].zendesk.com/chat) and not the ZD admin page (yourdomain.zendesk.com/admin)
- Open the chat app. Navigate to Settings → Account → API & SDKs → Add API Client
- Add an API client with the following parameters:
- Client Name: Forethought Chat OAuth Client
- Company: Forethought Technologies
- Redirect URLS:
- A popup with Client ID and Client Secret will show, make sure you save them, you will only see them once. Once this is done, move on to the next steps on the Forethought side.
Configure Zendesk Chat Integration
- Go to the Forethought dashboard, visit Settings -> Integrations, search "Zendesk Chat", input the following and click Connect.
- Domain: https://yoursubdomain.zendesk.com
- Client ID: the client ID generated from the previous step on the Zendesk Chat portal
- Client Secret: the client secret generated from the previous step on the Zendesk Chat portal
- You will be redirected to Zendesk chat's Oauth page, click "Allow" to proceed.
- If the OAuth process is successful, you will see a success page on the Forethought side, you may close this page or wait for 15 seconds before the page will be automatically closed.
- That's it, your Zendesk Chat is not fully connected.