This guide will walk you through the installation of the Assist app for Zendesk. Once you're done, Forethought will start indexing your data.
Prerequisites: You'll need an org_code that Forethought sent you in a secured message.
1. Restrict the app to admins
We will start by restricting the app to administrators during the installation and testing phase.
Once all procedures are finished, we will use groups to progressively roll-out the app to your agents. This will be done in coordination with your Forethought CSM.
- In Zendesk Support, go to Admin Center > People > Groups > Create group
- Create an "Assist Trial" group with only required Admins, save.
2. Install the Agatha Answers App from the Marketplace
- In Zendesk Support, go to the App Marketplace
- Search for "Agatha" & click the Agatha Answers app
- Click Install
- Set these fields:
- org_secret: paste the code you have received from Forethought.
- Check Enable group restrictions & select the group you have created in the previous step.
- Click Install
- Once the installation is done, from the installed Apps list, click Reorder apps.
- We highly recommend that Agatha sits in the top position to encourage proper adoption from your support team.
3. Authorize Forethought
This last step will ask you to authorize Forethought to index your Zendesk data to be searchable.
- Go to any ticket in your helpdesk.
- Make sure that the apps sidebar is expanded, and click give Agatha Access
- Review the confirmation page and click Allow.
- You're all set!
Please notify your Forethought Sales Engineer once you are done.
Note on group extension
If you later decide to add more people to the "Agatha Trial" group, you might manually disable and re-enable group restrictions as Zendesk doesn't refresh permissions. To do so:
- go to > APPS: manage
- find Agatha, and click on the arrow > Change Settings
- Uncheck "enable group restrictions" & click Update
- Put restrictions back & click Update
Please sign in to leave a comment.