Getting started with Workflow Builder is easy! You can create no-code, custom solutions based around intent detection in a few simple steps!
Accessing Workflow Builder
To navigate to Workflow Builder, simple login to your Forethought dashboard. The link to this dashboard will be provided by your official Forethought Customer Success Manager. Once in the dashboard, you can access Workflow Builder by clicking on the Workflow Builder tab.
Managing your Default Settings
A big part of Workflow Builder is having the ability to customize the look and feel of your Forethought widget. Within the Workflow Builder tab, you will see a little settings Wheel Icon in the top right corner. Clicking on this icon will bring up your default configuration panel.
Within the default configurations, you have three tabs.
- Customization: this is where you can customize the look and feel of the widget. There are a few options for customization:
- Theme color: this is a color picker that lets you choose any existing hexcode color.
- Agent chat image: this selector allows you to choose the "agent" icon within the chat screen.
- Header image: this image selector allows you to choose the image in the header of the widget.
- Help button image: this image selector allows you to choose the icon that floats on your page when the widget is minimized.
- Entry Flow: this tab allows you to customize the first step that your customers see when they interact with the widget. The options for customization are:
- Greeting line: allows you to customize the initial text greeting that your customers experience.
- Show top intents as options: allows you to default intent flows as buttons in the entry flow, allowing your customers closed-loop access to workflows that you have built. Either let us automatically choose the top workflows, or select them yourself.
- Enable free-form detection: clicking this box enables your customer's to type a question and utilize the intent detection technology.
- Handoff Flow: this is where you can set the default handoff flow. The different options are detailed in another article here.
Starting your Workflow
Once you are on the Workflow Builder tab, you will be taken to the Workflow Builder intent hub. This is the screen where you can manage all of the intents and workflows you have active and in progress.
To start a workflow, simply click on the Add Custom Intent button at the top right of the intent table. This will kickoff the intent detection and workflow building process by pulling up the intent entry page.
In the intent entry page, you can define the phrasing and conditions that funnel customers into the specific workflow.
- First, go ahead and name the workflow. Since each workflow is preempted by a confirmation message ("It sounds like you need help with..") we suggest using a title that works when placed within a sentence such as "resetting your password".
- Second, add in at least five sentences or phrases to kickstart Forethought's AI intent umbrella. These phrases should cover a good amount of the different types of ways that your customers could ask their question.
If you can't think of an exhaustive list, no worries, you can always add more later!
- Once you've got all the phrases you want to include, and you've named your workflow, click Done to move on to the building phase!
Building the Workflow
Now that you have selected your intents, we are ready to start building the workflow! Forethought's Workflow Builder works on an easy-to-understand step building process. On the bottom of the builder page, you will see a text entry box with an upper and lower toolbar.
The upper toolbar allows you to customize the text that you want to include in this step with options such as:
- Bullet List
- Numbered List
- Adding links
While the lower toolbar allows you to select the kind of step you want to add:
To add a step to the workflow, simply select the type of step you'd like to add, fill out the required fields and hit save. Continue adding steps in this manner until you have arrived at a workflow you're happy with. Once you are ready to complete it, click on Update Workflow.
Pro Tip: if you'd like to add in a handoff to your Zendesk, there is a prebuilt flow underneath the Actions tab. Once added to a workflow, you can continue to customize this handoff by clicking on the Customize option.
Note: Workflows will autosave for you so you can always back out and return, but you must fully complete all steps in a workflow in order to Update the Workflow for production.
Previewing the Workflow
At this point, you should have a more or less completed workflow that is ready for preview! To check-out this workflow, navigate to the main Workflow Builder page, and click on its associated Activate button on the right hand side.
Once activated, click into the workflow's builder page, and you will see an Eyeball Icon at the top right. Clicking this icon will bring you into preview mode where you can preview all of the currently active workflows!
Depending on your set-up, you can either type a question and let the AI surface up the correct intent, or if you have added buttons as a default, click on the button to transition into the workflow!