The proactive prompt settings are a way to prompt users to utilize the widget while the widget is still a closed icon form. Making your widget proactively reach out to your clients is a great way to get your widget noticed and increase the traffic coming to your Forethought widget.
Widgets proactive actions can be customized in a few ways:
- Add a custom prompt message
- There is no character limit for this message, however we advise you to keep it short and sweet for better user experience
- This text you can bold, italics, or underline. This also supports emoji's ✨
- Display intents
- If you chose the display intents the top 4 intents will pop up under the custom message
- If a user clicks on one of those intents the widget will automatically open and start that workflow for the user. Intents must be live for this option to be possible.
You can chose to either add just a custom message or a custom message and these intents for your widget. At this time we don't allow for only intents in proactive prompt. All prompt float above your unopened widget icon and disappear once a user has either clicked on the icon or one of the prompts.
All settings for the proactive widget can be found in the side panel under the Solve configuration tab on the Forethought dashboard. In the configuration menu there will be a tab called "Proactive prompt". Once you are here you will see a preview of what your widget looks like on the right and on the left will be the settings to make changes. Flip the button titled "Display proactive prompt to open chat window" to show the custom prompt message text box. Once you add your message here you should see it in the preview.
At the bottom of the custom prompt message text box there will be a check box titled "Display intent buttons". If you check this box the top 4 intents will automatically pop up under the prompt message, but above your widget icon.
Once you have made all the changes remember to hit the save button in the top right of the page. If your widget is live you should see these changes on your site. Refresh the page if they aren't immediately present.