*Note: This integration is only available for customers using Zendesk as a help desk.
- Zendesk requirements:
- The Zendesk account must have the Conversations API
- Agent Workspace must be enabled
- You will need the following credentials from your Conversations API:
- App ID
- API Key ID
- API Key Secret
- You must have integrated Forethought with Zendesk Chat
Obtaining the Conversations API Credentials
- Go to Conversations API in Zendesk Admin Settings. Click on Create API Key.
- Enter a name for the key and click Next
- Copy the keys from this page before clicking Next. You will NOT be able to see the full Secret Key again once you click Next and that key is necessary for the OAuth flow below. Once copied, click Next and the API key will be created. You will need these three keys to complete the OAuth flow.
Integrating with Forethought
- Go to the Integrations tab on your Forethought Dashboard page. Search for the Sunshine Conversations integration and click Connect.
- You'll be redirected to a new page where you will be prompted to sign into your Zendesk account. Sign in to your account.
- Click Allow on the following page
- You will be redirected to another a page that will ask for the App ID, API Key, and the API Secret that was gathered in the prerequisite steps. Input and submit those.
- You will then be taken back to the Forethought Dashboard integration page where you can start building workflows under the Workflow Builder tab! You will be able to execute those workflows on any conversation channel that is set up from your Sunshine Conversations app.
Disconnecting Sunshine Conversations
- Click the Delete button on your Sunshine Conversations integration